Monday, May 02, 2005

Experiment revisited

This is a cool experiment. When I started this blog, I knew almost nothing about blogs, blogging or the blogshere. Today, I know alot more, but still consider myself a newbie. I've been reading bunch of blogs about marketing, branding, communications, etc for some time and am creating a mini best practices for myself. Nothing formal or even written down; just things I like and dislike.

I was also thrilled to see that almost nothing in the recent BusinessWeek article surprised me or came as news. Woo Hoo, I know more about blogs than the mainstream press.

I still have a lot to learn, though. I don't update my blog nearly enough and most importantly, I don't think I really have a voice yet. I'm not sure what I want to write about, so my blog meanders. I do know that I don't want to simple pass on stuff everyone else is saying--I must have seen the BW article mentioned in 10 blogs that I read, alone.

So, my point; the experiment continues, but now with more of a focus. Job 1: find my voice. Job 2: use it...