Friday, January 07, 2005

I have too many passwords

I got my first ATM card when I went away to college. At the risk of really dating myself, lets just say I had to explain ATMs to a lot of people at the time. But I also still remember that password. I think it was the only password I had at the time, so remembering it was easy.

I had some trouble posting today, because I've been radio silent for so long and changed computers, so my cookies went away. Naturally, I forgot my password to get into site.

I know, I know alot of you out there have little schemes to create passwords. A friend told me that they use a word and invert the first and last letters, another takes a normal word and adds a specific year. My problem with all those schemes is that if anyone gets one password they get them all...

I have my own scheme, its not quite as logical as some of the others I've heard, but I did that on purpose to thwart (that's a good word, isn't it) any would be hackers. On the other hand, I couldn't get into this site until they sent me instructions on resetting my password. I mentioned earlier that that took awhile--mostly because I couldn't remember which email I signed up with, but that's a different blog....